For questions or additional information please contact the UCO Risk Manager at (405) 974-5994 or the Administrative Specialist at (405) 974-2216.
***For life threatening injuries, limb threatening injuries, or serious chemical exposures, call 911***
1. If you experience an injury or illness within the scope of your employment, please contact the UCO Risk Manager at (405) 974-5994 during regular business hours. After hours, call University Police Services at (405) 974-2345. You must obtain pre-authorization before going to the medical treatment facility (unless it is an emergency).
2. All injuries are to be reported to the Supervisor/Designee and the UCO Risk Manager within 24 hours, even if the employee declines treatment.
3. The UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist will coordinate the following steps:
- If the employee requests or needs medical treatment, the UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist will authorize treatment with the approved medical facility (see below).
- The supervisor shall arrange transportation for the employee, if necessary.
- If the injured employee declines medical treatment, the refusal will be documented and the employee will be instructed to notify their Supervisor/Designee, and the UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist if medical treatment is needed at a later time.
- UCO's Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist will send in the necessary forms to the Workers Compensation Administrator, Consolidated Benefits Resources (CBR).
4. If no medical treatment is needed, the employee shall complete the Occupational Injury & Illness Report form and submit to the UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist within 24 hours of incident.
5. If medical treatment is needed, the employee shall complete the Consent for Release of Protected Health Information and the Mandatory Medicare Reporting Requirement Form. Both the employee and supervisor shall complete the Occupational Injury & Illness Report form. All forms shall be submitted to the UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist within 24 hours of incident if possible.
6. If there are witnesses to the incident, the Witness/Co-Workers Statement shall be completed and submitted to the UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist within 24 hours of the incident.
7. Forward any medical or physician's statements to the UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist. If work restrictions were given, the restrictions will stay in place until UCO receives a physician's statement releasing the work restrictions.
8. Required forms may be requested from the UCO Risk Manager/Administrative Specialist or found on this UCO Workers' Compensation web site under documents and forms link at the top of this page. The Workers' Compensation Administrator, CBR, will send additional forms and follow up with employee.
Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pmMcBride Clinic Edmond - Occupational Medicine
3406 S. Boulevard
Edmond, OK 73013
Monday-Friday (after business hours) & Weekends/Holidays
McBride Hospital Emergency Room
9600 N. Broadway Extension
Oklahoma City, OK 73114
Life Threatening/Limb Threatening
OU Medical Center Edmond Emergency Department Map
1 South Bryant
Edmond, OK 73034