Accidents and Incidents
Every accident or incident that results in an injury to someone that occurs on UCO property needs to be reported as soon as possible (within 24 hours). This is to ensure that proper action is taken for response, investigation, and insurance purposes. For all life threatening injuries or emergencies, please call 911.
- Injury to Employee (Report to immediate supervisor and Risk Manager within 24 hours)
- Injury to Student (not employed by UCO)
- Injury to Visitor (not affiliated with UCO)
If you know of anything that could cause an accident or incident, observe someone working in an unsafe manner, or are instructed to do something you don't think is safe, there are several ways to report your concern:
- Emergency Safety Concerns: Anything seen as an emergency safety concern (e.g. a missing manhole cover, an unguarded excavation hole, or something that could cause serious injury) should be reported as soon as possible to the EHS office at 974-2216 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) or Campus Police Services at 974-2345 (after hours and on weekends).
- Maintenance Issues: Anything that might cause an injury to someone needs to be reported (e.g. torn carpet, faulty electrical outlets, broken handrails, tripping hazards). Please call the Physical Plant at 974-2247.
- Other Safety Concerns: Any questions regarding the safety of the campus employees or facilities, please contact the EHS office at 974-2216.