UCO Management Development Program
- Professional Development
- Required Annual Training
- Learning Center
- Classroom Training
- Leadership UCO
- Leadership UCO Alumni
- Management Development Program
- Learning Tracks/Certificate Programs
- New Employee Training
- Departmental Training
- Contact Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
Training Resource Guide
Great Colleges 2014
Recognized for Professional Development/ Career Development programs for the fourth year in a row!
We are proud to bring you a program that has been designed to equip new and existing managers as well as prepare upcoming managers to approach their roles and responsibilities with confidence in their business acumen.
All too often we reward employees who are great at their jobs by giving them a job with more responsibility for which they are ill-prepared; in essence, setting them up for failure. This practice is out of alignment with our human resource goals to recruit and retain top talent. Investing in the development of our people is a key method to retaining them. Think you know someone with potential to grow into a great manager? Help them grow by encouraging them to build a strong foundation through the UCO Management Development Program.
As a result of completing the Management Development Program, participants will be able to apply learned methods and concepts to:
- Utilize financial tools to plan and budget
- Coach to develop and motivate employees
- Give and receive meaningful feedback
- Set accountable standards in line with goals, mission and vision for department
- Communicate through difficult conversations
- Use MBTI to strengthen communication and team structure of department
- Develop processes that are efficient and economical
- Maximize delegation and resources to increase productivity
- Plan succession for team, department, division, in the best interest of UCO
- Recruit, retain, and develop employees
- Comply with policies and procedures
- Build a successfully diverse team
- Break down silos and collaborate across campus
Look for this program to relaunch in September 2015.