Leadership UCO (LUCO) is an annual program where the selected participants work to develop their professional and personal leadership qualities, network, and interpersonal skills. John Maxwell’s book, “The 360-Degree Leader” is used as a foundation throughout the program, as class members learn about their own personalities and those around them with the use of tools such as the MBTI®. Each annual class is kept to approximately twenty participants, to maximize the interaction between the members and provide for one-on-one work with the instructors.
The program kicks off with a Welcome Reception, hosted by the Leadership UCO Alumni members and the class starts building relationships during their day at the Challenge Course together. Dr. Shanna Teel leads them through three full-day class sessions - on MBTI® and selected coursework from “The 360-Degree Leader” book by Maxwell. Class members also serve their campus and community through volunteerism projects during their year of LUCO. The program closes with a Graduation Celebration, again hosted by the Leadership UCO Alumni members.
Congratulations to Class Ten!
- Tresa Beavers, Facilities Management
- Emily Brown, Chambers Library
- Adam Crouch, Information Technology
- Cheryl Duke, Wellness Center
- Diane Feinberg, Employee Relations
- Lanie Gabbard, Design
- Karyn Hutchens, College of Education and Professional Studies
- Elise Marrs, Jackson College of Graduate Studies
- Julio Mata, Information Technology
- Joy Morgan, Student Financial Services
- Jandy Newman, Professional Development
- Leigha Pemberton, Wellness Center
- James Powers, Student Financial Services
- Mary Beth Qualls, Academic Advisement
- Katie Reichardt, Enrollment Management
- Tracey Romano, Academic Effectiveness
- Kelly Ross, Academic Affairs
- Roxanne Vidal, College of Business
- Melissa White, Grants and Contracts