To register for a course or see a full list of upcoming training, visit the Learning Center.
Required courses include:
- ProCard (Classroom Instruction on Guidelines and Procedures)
- ProCard Financial Manager (Online format for ProCard Statement Approvers)
Optional courses / presentations include:
- ProCard / PaymentNet 4
- ProCard Training / Transaction Coding
A ProCard and a login for the Staples Advantage contract website are all that's needed to purchase office supplies. Online orders placed by 3:00 p.m. are delivered the next business day to your desk!
To request a login to the contract website, contact Lee Foreman, firstname.lastname@example.org, with Cardholder Name, Email address and Dept. Name, Bldg. & Room Number of department(s) for which purchases will be made.
State law, Board of Regents and University policies govern when and how purchases are made. With the ProCard, items not allowed are goods and services which are handled exclusively by the Purchasing Department because of State or University requirements or which are on established university-wide contracts. Although some suppliers may accept the ProCard for disallowed purchases, it is the ultimate responsibility of the cardholder to avoid the purchase of restricted items.
ProCard purchase of the following items is prohibited:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Cash advances
- Computers / Software - Also internal computer cards, memory, parts, iPads - See Technology Purchases
- Purchases from eBay, effective 11-12-12.
- Financial instruments (including money orders or cash equivalents)
- Fixed assets
- Gift certificates - Any requests for gift certificates should be routed to the Purchasing Office on a requisition and paid from a Hospitality organization only, per a bona fide award program.
- Items to be charged to "A" organizations
- Memberships - Individual (Institutional memberships allowed)
- Office supplies - Off contract orders over $49
- Direct payment to services such as PayPal or Google Wallet, from a Personal or University Account, effective 11-12-12. These services are ONLY allowed when they are the payment processor on a third-party website and do not require the setup of an account.
- Personal purchases
- Phones /Phone cards
- Postage Stamps
- Printers, Scanners, Fax Machines - Desktop
- Professional services (no one-time or contract services)
- Purchases not allowed due to University contracts.
- Tobacco products
- Toner and ink cartridges for printers, scanners and fax machines
- Travel & Entertainment - Travel expenses including: Airline and other transportation tickets, telephone, meals while in travel status, rental cars, recreational or utility vehicles, automotive repair, gasoline, tolls and related entertainment expenses. Lodging reservations and payment may be made with ProCard only by designated cardholders. Otherwise, lodging expenses are restricted and blocked by MCC code.
A declining balance Travel Card is available for group travel expenses.
The following purchases are allowed on ProCard, but require documentation in addition to the receipt retained:
Meals and Refreshments - Food or beverage purchases may require the Meal and Expense Reimbursement Form (MERF) which must detail the public purpose served by the purchase and contain appropriate signatures as designated on the form. Do I need to complete a MERF form?
ProCard purchases are also subject to on-campus food service contract terms.
Click here for details of the food service contract.
Registrations - UCO Purchasing policy regarding registrations paid in advance applies to both the ProCard and Banner requisition methods of Purchasing. The Prepayment of Registrations Form is required and will be kept with departmental records for all ProCard registration purchases. Documentation must be in place before the transaction is made.
Hotels/Lodging - Designated cardholders only may make hotel transactions with their ProCards, effective 11-17-11. Using this method, the payment information takes care of the reservation through payment completion. Travel documentation will show a ProCard direct pay. Travelers, however, should be prepared to provide a personal credit card at the time of hotel check-in to cover incidentals. Note, the same travel request and other requirements still apply, and any expense in excess of conference or CONUS rates will require traveler reimbursement. Following are required and recommended documents for the ProCard holder's file:
- Required: Conference agenda with dates and designated lodging to include nightly rate; if lodging is not designated, attach CONUS rate for City & State.
- Required: Lodging receipt showing total amount paid and zero balance.
- Recommended: A copy of the traveler's out-of-state travel request, or traveler's reimbursement request.
Awards & Trophies - Must be a part of an established annual awards program. Documentation is required. Examples of approved documentation are: program, flyer, advertisement, or online information describing the event, which can be printed and signed by the Dean or Director of the department.
For questions regarding the type of goods or services you wish to purchase, contact your ProCard Program Administrator.