Why live in Edmond?
We're excited to claim our place on the following lists of the best places to live in America!
Find your better life in OKC!
Exciting, progressive, innovative...OKC
Recent Career Spotlights
Software Engineer II - Blackboard Analytics (04/12/2013)
- Responsible for Blackboard Analytics modules
- Provides direction for the development, design, and systems integration for functional areas from definition phase through implementation
- Part of the programming efforts to maintain, design, and implement various OLAP cube methodologies
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for application administration tasks
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. This position is on-call 24x7x365 and requires the successful candidate to have the ability to perform the job at all times. Recommend "high-speed" Internet access in their residence. "High-Speed" infers Cable modem or DSL measured within the Mega-Bit upload and download speeds. This position requires the successful candidate to maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls and SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Prefer two (2) years' experience using Blackboard Analytics OLAP cube programming and design, or a Master's Degree in Information Technology with cube programming, Is experienced in designing Web Services and SQL Server 2008 database views, and works well with SQL language in the context of CUBE modeling. Preferred experience with designing reports and is familiar with reporting tool sets. Solid communication and presentation skills with ability to work directly with senior level business & IT executives. Proven leadership, teamwork, and client management experience.
Director Academic Advisement & Retention (04/01/2013)
- Responsible for general academic advisement and registration of a case load of new and continuing undergraduate students
- Supervises, evaluates and motivates all Office of Academic Advisement team/staff, including management team, advisement team and administrative staff
- Prepares Office of Academic Advisement Annual Report
- Addresses and investigates all student and advisor grievances
Qualifications: Masters Degree in education or related field. Minimum of six years experience in Academic Advising, higher education, or post-secondary education experience. At least 3 years management/supervisory leadership experience in higher education. Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Positive attitude and initiative to problem solve independently within organization guidelines and policies. Knowledge of student retention strategies. Knowledge of Federal Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) and assessment of student learning objectives. Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and student information system. A strong commitment to customer service. Preferred Qualifications: Earned doctorate with experience. Competence in degree program coordination, academic transcript evaluation, degree certification and budget planning/implementation. Staff development, supervision, and evaluation. Proficiency in Banner.
Assistant Director Undergraduate Admissions (03/25/2013)
- Supervises and provides functional guidance to support staff and student workers
- Oversees and supervises the expansion of concurrent enrollment offerings including tuition waivers, on-campus enrollment and special events
- Manages scholarship programs throughout the year including awarding, maintenance and organization
- Assists with processing reports and technical monitoring of pending applications
- Analyzes admissions data and assists with admissions yield trends
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree. Supervisory experience. Must have minimum 2 years experience in university admissions or other student services positions.
Articulation Analyst (03/11/2013)
- Maintains a computerized transcript evaluation system for undergraduate credit
- Reviews transfer course descriptions to determine possible UCO course equivalents in major courses and the general education core, for both domestic and international credit
- Enters articulation information from academic advisors and articulation analysts into student information system
- Reviews OSRHE Matrix to ensure UCO's articulation tables mirror the OSRHE Matrix table
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree. Prior university admissions, records or academic advisement experience.