Each employee's needs are different. UCO offers two medical plans through BlueCross BlueShield to meet those needs and provide flexibility to employees and their families. The University pays 100% of all full-time employees medical premiums. Dental insurance is available through BlueCross BlueShield and vision insurance is available through Vision Service Plan (VSP). For more information about the different insurance plans, click on the links to the left.
To enroll in the insurance, please complete the Insurance Form. If adding dependents to your insurance, complete the lower portion of the enrollment form with their information. Note: dependents can only be enrolled in the same plan(s) that the employee is enrolled in.
If you have questions, please call the Benefits Department at (405) 974-2575 or (405) 974-2656.
Click here to return to Insurance Form.
In order to change your benefits outside of the annual Open Enrollment period (October 1-20) the employee must:
- Experience an Applicable Qualifying Event (see details below), as defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Changes based on financial reasons alone are not allowed under the current IRS regulations.
- Submit the required forms to Benefits Department within 30 days of the Applicable Qualifying Event.
- Provide the required documentation to verify the Applicable Qualifying Event.
What is an Applicable Qualifying Event?
Within the context of changing benefits, “Applicable” refers to a change that is directly related to the individual experiencing the qualifying event.
"Qualifying Events" include:
- A birth or an adoption.
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation.
- A death.
- Child loses eligibility because of age.
- Employee’s spouse gains or loses coverage through employment.
- Significant change in the financial terms of health benefits provided through a
spouse’s employer or another carrier.
When does coverage begin?
Except for coverage of a newborn or adopted child, changes in coverage will begin the first day of the month following the qualifying event. Coverage for a newborn is effective on the child's date of birth, or in the case of an adopted child, on the date of placement. The premium for coverage of a newborn or adopted child is due in the birth month if the child is born before the 16th of the month, or in the case of an adoption, if the date of placement is before the 16th of the month. Otherwise, the premium is not due until the following month.
If you have a qualifying event, contact the Benefits Department.
Direct Fax: (405) 974-3827
Direct Line: (405) 974-2575 or (405) 974-2656
Office Location: Lillard Administration Building, Room 204