Current Residents

Where can I pick up the package that I am expecting?

All the DHL, UPS, or FedEx packages are delivered to the Housing Office. If you are having trouble receiving packages make sure that the name on the package is correct since we ONLY receive packages for students who are currently on our housing roster. Sometimes packages or letters do get sent to the campus mail room service located on the first floor of Nigh Center.

How do you contact me when I receive a package?

We email your UCO email account the same day we receive a package for you. We also contact you every Friday if you have not picked up your package unless you have provided us with a cell phone number. If you do not have a phone or answering machine in your room please include an alternative number where we can contact you so that we can ensure a timely delivery. Also, let family and friends know if they are sending perishables such as food or flowers that we cannot guarantee delivery to students if there is no cell phone number on file for them.

Will my financial aid cover the cost of my housing?

Financial aid, first and for most, covers tuition and fees. Once that is paid, any remaining financial aid will be applied to any other balance on the students account. If their balance is not covered, they are responsible for the remaining amount. NOTE: OHLAP does not cover housing. OHLAP only covers tuition. For more information, contact the Financial Aid office at 974-3334.

What is Flex and how does it work?

Flex is money that can be used in addition to your regular meals. Our meal plans are weekly plans. Each plan has a different amount of meals that can be used in one of three locations on campus, which are Buddy's, University Suites Broncho Sports Grill and the Central Plaza Deli Express. Flex is money available for the students to use at various locations such as the Nigh University Express Food Court, Outtakes Quick Cuisine or Starbucks located on campus.

What are the most popular meal plans?

When choosing a meal plan we like for our students to take into account their school and work schedules. Buddy's and Broncho Sports Grill have specific hours of operation. If you are in class or at work and are unable to eat please during those times please take that in to account when choosing.

Are students required to have a meal plan?

If you are living on campus (excluding University Commons Apartments), you are required to have a meal plan. Since University Commons Apartments do have a kitchen that allows the students to cook for themselves.

How can I change my meal plan?

We give students the first two weeks of each semester to get familiar to their routines and see if their meal plan choices are going to work for them. At this time, students can change their meal plans free of charge. Students are not allowed to change their meal plan after the first two weeks allocated to this process. To change your meal plan simply come to the Housing & Dining office and ask to fill out a meal plan change form.

Can I cancel my housing contract?

The University reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time, and the residents may be required to move upon notice, or if the housing department determines that the continued residency of the student would pose a danger to life, health, or general well-being of the residential community. Violation of terms of the contract requiring the termination by the university will result in payment of 100% of the value of the contract. A resident may be required to seek professional counseling on campus as part of an agreement to continue occupancy. If you do not check into your assigned space by the first Friday of class, the university may, at its discretion terminate this contract and charged according to the cancellation terms below.  Please review your contract for more detailed information on the cancellation policy. In the Terms and Conditions on the online contract that each student signs before moving in, it states that if the student breaks their contract early for any reason besides medical, then they will be responsible for 50% of their remaining housing balance. If they are cancelling for any reason other than medical and want out of the charges, the student can fill out a Review Board Form located in the Housing office. The Review Board meets every Tuesday and Friday to discuss appeals that have been brought to their attention. If the cancellation reason is medical, the UCO Housing and Dining office as well as the hall the student is a resident of, will need documentation from doctors and a written letter explaining what is wrong and why they need out of their contract.  At that time the Housing office will allow you to move out.

How do I cancel my housing contract?

Contact your hall director to schedule an appointment to talk to her/him for the cancellation policy, procedure, paperwork and the calculation cost. Your Hall Director will also set up an appointment with your RA to walk through your room and for you to turn in your room key. 

Is there a deadline for my housing application and contract?

It is based on a first come first served criteria. We do accept applications for housing any time of the year if we have availability.

Is the room reservation fee refundable?

No. To help ensure a room is available for all interested students this fee is not refundable.

What is the policy on room changes?

We are allocating room change process every month of the academic year. You do need to stop by the front desk of your hall to ask about availability and your hall director will provide you with the information you need and let you know what you need to do to change your room, roommate or hall.

What can be done if there is roommate conflict?

You need to contact your RA and let them know about the situation. The RA will contact the Hall Director and based on the situation we will try to accommodate your request once the proper procedure is complete.

What happens if I don't make a payment on time?

You will be enrolled in a payment plan.  Please see info by clicking here for payment plan information.

Whom can I inform if there is something wrong with my room (maintenance request)?

Log on to your UCOnnect account, click on the "My Housing Tab" at the top, Use your UCOnnect login to access the web maintenance, Upon login, click Web Maintenance tab, select Student Jobs, then New Job and Enter the date, item, category and a brief description of the issue and click save. The maintenance department will take care of the issue based on first come first serve.

Can I have a visitor stay overnight?

Visitors can stay up to three consecutive days at a time, you will need to let your RA and roommate know and have permission to do so. 

Where can I get information about housing rules and regulations?

Click Here for Housing rules and regulations.

Full HTML Version