Budget Preparation Guidelines
- Budget managers should always review University, Area, College/Division, and Departmental Mission Statements and Long-Range Plans before commencing the budget development process.
- Supplemental budget requests must be well documented and justified prior to forwarding to Vice Presidents.
- Any final decisions to increase existing departmental operating budgets will be dependent upon legislative appropriations and other related factors.
- Salaries for all established and budgeted positions in the operating budgets may be increased contingent upon favorable legislative actions, State Regents' allocations, Presidential recommendations, and other related factors.
- Depending on final legislative action and State Regents allocations, reallocation of funds may be a necessary outcome of the budget process. Dollar increases in any base budgets may be limited by:
- Annual mandatory or fixed cost increases
- Sufficient institutional resources to meet needs