Calculating Your Postage
If you measure your mailpiece or package and have an idea of how much it weighs, you can calculate the postage yourself.
Save Save Save Save
Just a few small changes can result in postage savings
- Folding a sheet of paper in half will change the mailpiece from a "flat" sized piece to a "letter" sized piece and save you at least 44 cents.
- If your letter is over 1/4" thick trifolded, unfold to the size of 1/2 sheet of paper and mail in a larger envelope up to 6-1/8" X 11-1/2" in size. This will save you at least 44 cents.
- Attaching a paper clip or a binder clip to several pieces of paper can change your mail piece from a "flat" sized piece to a "package" piece. This will add at least 83 cents to your postage cost.
If you have a USPS tracking number for your package, you may find out where it is with Track and Confirm.
First Class Mail
Estimated delivery time is 2 to 4 days depending upon the destination
3-1/2" X 5" (minimum dimension)
4-1/4" X 6" (maximum dimension)
- 6-1/8" X 11" (maximum dimension)
- 1/4" (maximum thickness)
Note: Letters with nonmachinable characteristics (example: square envelopes or musical cards) may be subject to a surcharge or other standard rate.
- 15" long X 12" high (maximum dimension)
- 3/4" (maximum thickness)
Note: Flats must also meet other standards to qualify for flat-size postage rates such as flexibility. Rigid flats must be priced at parcel rates.
***Estimated delivery time for the following classes of mail is between 5 to 7 days
- Items that are not flats, letters or postcards such as thick envelopes, thick or rigid books, small and large boxes and poster tubes.
Printed matter such as books and brochures, recorded matter such as tapes, CDs and DVDs.