- External Grants
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
- Research Policies & Procedures
Useful Search Engines to Find Grant Opportunities:
For more information, click here
Student Research, Creative, & Scholarly Activities Grant Program
As defined by the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR), research is an inquiry or investigation that makes an original, intellectual, or creative contribution to the discipline. At UCO we extend this definition to include significant faculty mentoring in research, creative, & scholarly activities (RCSA) that have the potential for peer-reviewed dissemination in the form of presentations, publications, creative projects, exhibitions, or performances.
Mission Statement for the Student RCSA program:
To promote academic transformative learning experiences for students from all disciplines through research, creative, and scholarly activities by supporting productive, collaborative engagement with faculty.
Engaging students in RCSA is one of the academic goals of UCO. RCSA opportunities contribute to the production of well-rounded, better-educated students who will have a greater probability of becoming productive, creative, ethical, and engaged citizens in a post-graduate environment. While UCO encourages and supports RCSA at all levels across the UCO campus, it is especially encouraging and supportive when students are involved. Students of all disciplines can engage in the benefits and excitement of student-focused RCSA.
How to get involved
Talk with your professors about their research interests and discuss research opportunities in your discipline and with the department chairperson to inquire about potential mentors and possible research opportunities.
Top 10 Reasons to Get Involved
- It's fun
- Be a leader
- Be an academic role model
- Acquire experiences to make yourself more competitive
- Money to support research, creative and scholarly activities
- Increased graduation rate
- Engage in the UCO community and work one-on-one with faculty
- Identify career interests
- Enhance creativity and critical thinking skills
- Obtain hands-on learning opportunities in RCSA