- External Grants
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- RCSA Grant Program
- RCSA Grant Application & Deadline
- RCSA Proposal Guidelines
- RCSA Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- RCSA Faculty Mentors
- RCSA Program Options & Obligations
- RCSA Grant Recipients
- RCSA Research Assistantships
- Undergraduate Research & Creative Studies
- Minority Participation Scholarship
- Posters on the Hill
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Research Day
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
- Upcoming Events
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Jan 13th, 2014 - Start date for RAs
- March 7th, 2014 - 2014 Oklahoma Research Day
Spring 2014 Workshops for On-Campus Grants
- Click here for more information
Student RCSA Grant Proposal Guidelines
Students must work with their faculty mentor when writing their grant proposal. Proposals which are poorly written or do not follow the criteria will not be considered for funding.
The following are criteria for proposals:
- Proposals are limited to 1,000 words, 12-point font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins. Proposals should be written so that they can be understood by a reader outside of the discipline or area of study
- Illustrations and figures are acceptable;
- If the project involves human subjects or non-human, vertebrate animals, the student must get approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). Although IRB or IACUC approval is not necessary upon proposal submission, approval is required before the student can begin their project. If applicable, the student must provide verification for all local, state, or federal regulations before they conduct their research (i.e., collecting permits, etc.). If your project requires IRB approval, the approval is not required upon proposal submission but before you begin your project.
- Click here for some additional grant submission proposal guidelines.
Student RCSA Budget guidelines
- Please provide clarification regarding the "supplies" that you need to purchase for your project (i.e., please provide a quote for each item; you should obtain the quote from a reputable source, such as a supply company catalog or on-line catalog).
- Please provide clarification/justification regarding the "printing costs" associated with your project (i.e., a quote [cost per page] from a print shop [UCO Printing Services, 974-2301], the number of pages you will need to print, a description of what you will be printing and why you need to print the information, etc.). Posters for Oklahoma Research Day are to printed for no charge using campus resources available in your academic college.
- Please note that we are unable to purchase office supplies (reams of paper, ink cartridges) with Student RCSA grant money. If you need to print surveys, please provide a quote [cost per page] from a print shop [UCO Printing Services, 974-2301], how many pages you will need to print, what you will be printing and why you need to print the information, etc.
- Please note that we are unable to use Student RCSA grant money to purchase and install software on your personal computer. One solution might be that you check out a laptop computer from the Office of Research & Grants during the time that you will be working off campus on your project.
- Please note that we are unable to use Student RCSA Grant money as an incentive to pay (in the form of a personal check, gift card, money order, etc.) individuals to participate in Student RCSA research projects.
- Please provide clarification regarding your estimate for travel expenses (where and when will your conference(s) take place; please provide an estimate of travel costs, including airfare, mileage, registration costs, etc.). You might find the UCO Travel Services website to be useful in gathering this information.
- Please note that we are not able to use Student RCSA grant money to cover transportation costs to/from Oklahoma Research Day. The Office of Research & Grants will provide transportation for the event for all students (i.e., we plan to charter several buses for Oklahoma Research Day).
- Please note that we are not able to use Student RCSA grant money to reimburse your travel to/from the UCO campus.
- Please note if you include mileage in your proposed budget, you must use federal/state mileage rates (for current mileage rates, see the UCO Travel Services website.