- External Grants
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
- RCSA Central Showcase
- Research Policies & Procedures
Useful Search Engines to Find Grant Opportunities:
For more information, click here
Options & Obligations for Student RCSA Grant Recipients
- Although not a requirement, grant recipients have the option of enrolling in 1 to 3 credit hours of Irregular Enrollment (4930) with their faculty mentors serving as the instructors of record. A minimum of 3 hours of research work per week per semester hour of credit earned is a reasonable expectation.
- It is the responsibility of the student to insure that all paper work is completed and signed by the appropriate people to authorize expenditures associated with the grant.
- Awards are for future expenditures only. Recipients cannot request funds to reimburse money spent before the award is granted or before authorization of expenditure is granted to the student.
- Students must inform the Office of Research & Grants if matching funds are available from their departments, colleges, or from outside entities (federal, private or public organizations).
- All grant recipients and/or faculty mentors are required to submit abstracts and present posters reporting the results of their funded project at Oklahoma Research Day.
- An acknowledgment of the Office of Research & Grants (OR&G) must appear in all publications (including internet sites), performances, and presentations resulting from the funded RCSA project. For example, "This project is based on work supported by a grant from the Office of Research & Grants, University of Central Oklahoma."
- An acknowledgment of the grant must appear on the recipient's resume or curriculum vitae.
- At the end of the semester (one calendar week before the last day of finals), the grant recipient or faculty mentor must submit an abstract and photo via electronic submission (attachments to an email) to the OR&G. The abstract will be used to evaluate progress on the project. The photo should depict the recipient involved in some aspect of their project. The recipient will have the option of waiving their rights to allow the OR&G and/or UCO to use the photo to promote the UCO RCSA program. If the grant recipient does not turn in this documentation by the deadline, they will be ineligible for future funding.
- It is the award recipient's responsibility to inform the OR&G of any address, phone, or email change during the semester of the grant award.
- Please be aware that if your research involves human or animal subjects, you are required to submit and receive approval from the UCO Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), respectively, before you begin your research. Please check the Office of Research Compliance website for criteria related to research involving human (IRB) or animal (IACUC) subjects.