Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- August 19, 2013 – Fall '13 Semester Begins
Student RCSA Program Faculty Mentors
Information & Obligations
- Assist students with development of the research plan and grant proposal.
- The student-oriented research, creative, or scholarly activities must be outside of the typical/traditional classroom environment and separate and distinct from any required assignments associated with any course except for Irregular Enrollment (4930) or thesis hours (5990).
- Discuss expectations and policies regarding grading (if applicable) with students. If the student is enrolled in credit hours, faculty mentors are encouraged to use syllabi or research contracts to define the goals and expectations which will be used in end-of-semester grading.
- If applicable, assist and insure that students gain approval from and adhere to all requirements of the UCO Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Meet with students throughout the research experience and focus on the learning process by integrating scholarship and teaching; a minimum of one contact hour per week is strongly encouraged.
- Direct laboratory, studio, clinical, or field experiences and play a role in student publications and presentations so that a final product is produced and the results are peer reviewed, critiqued, juried, judged, etc.
- For tenure, promotion, or merit purposes, the OR&G will provide a letter acknowledging your involvement as a faculty mentor in the UCO Student RCSA Program.