- External Grants
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- RCSA Grant Program
- RCSA Grant Application & Deadline
- RCSA Proposal Guidelines
- RCSA Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- RCSA Faculty Mentors
- RCSA Program Options & Obligations
- RCSA Grant Recipients
- RCSA Research Assistantships
- Undergraduate Research & Creative Studies
- Minority Participation Scholarship
- Posters on the Hill
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Research Day
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
- RCSA Central Showcase
- Research Policies & Procedures
Registry of Undergraduate Researchers
The purpose of this registry is to facilitate matchmaking between undergraduates who have research experience and a desire to pursue an advanced degree.
Visit The Council on Undergraduate Research for more information.
Student RCSA Program Faculty Mentors
Information & Obligations
- Assist students with development of the research plan and grant proposal.
- The student-oriented research, creative, or scholarly activities must be outside of the typical/traditional classroom environment and separate and distinct from any required assignments associated with any course except for Irregular Enrollment (4930) or thesis hours (5990).
- Discuss expectations and policies regarding grading (if applicable) with students. If the student is enrolled in credit hours, faculty mentors are encouraged to use syllabi or research contracts to define the goals and expectations which will be used in end-of-semester grading.
- If applicable, assist and insure that students gain approval from and adhere to all requirements of the UCO Institutional Review Board (IRB) or Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Meet with students throughout the research experience and focus on the learning process by integrating scholarship and teaching; a minimum of one contact hour per week is strongly encouraged.
- Direct laboratory, studio, clinical, or field experiences and play a role in student publications and presentations so that a final product is produced and the results are peer reviewed, critiqued, juried, judged, etc.
- For tenure, promotion, or merit purposes, the OR&G will provide a letter acknowledging your involvement as a faculty mentor in the UCO Student RCSA Program.
There are two options for faculty to be compensated for serving as a faculty mentor for students engaged in Research, Creative, and Scholarly Activities (RCSA) projects outside of the traditional classroom. Both options require that student RAs enroll in a minimum of one credit hour of Independent Study (4930/5930) per semester with their faculty mentor serving as the instructor of record. Students will be granted tuition waiver funds for enrolling in Independent Study (4930/5930). There is no limit to the number of semesters a student can enroll in Independent Study (4930/5930). Faculty will have the option to bank hours or receive a stipend. Click here for details of the program and form.