- External Grants
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- RCSA Grant Program
- RCSA Grant Application & Deadline
- RCSA Proposal Guidelines
- RCSA Proposal Evaluation Criteria
- RCSA Faculty Mentors
- RCSA Program Options & Obligations
- RCSA Grant Recipients
- RCSA Research Assistantships
- Undergraduate Research & Creative Studies
- Minority Participation Scholarship
- Posters on the Hill
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Research Day
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Nov 5th - Posters on the Hill deadline! Click for more information on this research event.
- Dec 2nd - Abstract submission deadline for NCUR. For more information click here http://www.cur.org/ncur_2015/
2014 UCO Faculty/Staff External Grant Writing Workshop
- October 13 and 14
- Carl Albert Room, NUC 300
- Participants will learn how to search for grant opportunities, find collaborators, develop budgets, contact program officers, route and submit grant proposals to external agencies, and much more. Space is limited. Registration form
The Office of Research & Grants (OR&G) purposefully uses the broadest possible definition of the word "research" and as shorthand for the more inclusive expression, "research, creative and scholarly activity." While the OR&G encourages and supports research, creative and scholarly activities across the UCO campus, it is especially encouraging and supportive when students (both graduate and undergraduate) are involved.
The link between research activities and student success is strong and well-known. The goals of teaching and research are not mutually exclusive ones. Research enhances critical thinking skills and provides hands-on experience for students entering the job market or advanced degree programs. When involved in research, creative and scholarly activities, students enjoy positive, life-changing relationships with Faculty Mentors. Though historically relegated to graduate programs, the integration of creative activities with classroom activities is gaining recognition for its importance in undergraduate education.
The Office of Research & Grants coordinates and administers a variety of opportunities for students to be involved in research, creative and scholarly activities.