- External Grants
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Mini Grant
- Regular Grant
- Community Partnership Matching Grant
- Distance Learning Research and Development Grant
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Scholars Grant
- Interdisciplinary Grant
- New Faculty Start-up Grants
- Temporary Faculty Grant
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Award Recipients
- Documents and Forms
- Student Research
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Research Day
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
- Upcoming Events
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Jan 13th, 2014 - Start date for RAs
- March 7th, 2014 - 2014 Oklahoma Research Day
Spring 2014 Workshops for On-Campus Grants
- Click here for more information
Regular Grant (up to $7,500)
Application Due Date: March 14, 2014
Anticipated Date of Notification: May 9, 2014
Funding Period: August 1, 2014 - June 15, 2015
Spending Period: August 1, 2014 - April 30, 2015
Eligibility: Full time Tenure track faculty only. Full time instructors can serve as co-PI.
Eligible for Reassignment Time: Yes (up to 4 hours, cost deducted from the award budget)
Eligible for Research Assistants: Yes (up to one FTE, cost not deducted from the award budget)
Review Process: All proposals will be reviewed by external reviewers.
Regular grants support transformative learning by encouraging a variety of research, creative, and scholarly activities by faculty at UCO in all disciplines. This grant opportunity is to provide support for applied/basic research in any discipline not covered by any other grant.
The goal of Regular Grants is to provide support for faculty members to develop a research project with internal funds and then attempt to complete or expand the project with funds obtained from an external granting agency (federal, state, private corporations, etc.).
Proposed activities must demonstrate: 1) intellectual merit and 2) broader impact.
- advance discovery and understanding in the discipline;
- engage students as research collaborators;
- disseminate results of the project, not only on the UCO campus but to society at large (e.g., publications, presentations, etc).
Faculty who have received a grant through the OR&G for 3 consecutive years and have not applied for external funding (private, state, or federal) are ineligible to apply for a 4th year.
Research assistants receive ¾-time, ½-time and ¼-time assistantships or work 15 hours, 10 hours or 5 hours per week, respectively. Assistants are only allowed to work on campus a maximum of 20 hours per week in assistantship positions (RA and/or TA). Faculty are encouraged to split their RA awards into ½-time or ¼-time RAs to increase the number of students engaged in the research project.
The purpose of awarding reassignment time is to provide faculty with time for research above and beyond that available given a normal teaching load. Consequently, applicants cannot be paid overload salary while holding a regular grant award.
If your project requires an IRB approval, an IRB application does not need to be completed at the time of your on-campus grant application but the IRB approval must be obtained before your research project begins. For more information on the IRB application process, visit the website: http://www.uco.edu/academic-affairs/research-compliance/index.asp