- External Grants
- Grant Submission Procedures
- Searching for Grant Opportunities
- Grant Facilitators & Liaisons
- PI/PD Responsibilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Indirect Cost Breakdown
- Forms and Documents
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Research Day
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Nov 5th - Posters on the Hill deadline! Click for more information on this research event.
- Dec 2nd - Abstract submission deadline for NCUR. For more information click here http://www.cur.org/ncur_2015/
2014 UCO Faculty/Staff External Grant Writing Workshop
- October 13 and 14
- Carl Albert Room, NUC 300
- Participants will learn how to search for grant opportunities, find collaborators, develop budgets, contact program officers, route and submit grant proposals to external agencies, and much more. Space is limited. Registration form
Indirect Cost Breakdown
Indirect Costs, also referred to as Facilities & Administration (F&A) costs, can be collected by the University of Central Oklahoma for certain grant opportunities, mostly for federal grants. Indirect Costs are overhead cost that cannot be directly allocated to a grant or instructional activity. These costs may include departmental / college administrative support, utilities, space, etc. Once reimbursed, the funds can replace E&G funds that were used for these expenses.
Reimbursed indirect costs to the University of Central Oklahoma are reallocated as follows:
- 20% E&G Funds
- 20% OR&G
- 30% College Dean/Division
- 30 % Principal Investigator / Program Director
- 25% PI/PD additional pay
- 5% PI/PD university-related activities
Out of the 30 percent allocated to the Principal Investigator / Program Director, the faculty or staff can opt to take 25 percent as additional pay (subject to employer paid fringe and employee taxes as required) and the remaining five percent can be used for university-related activities. The faculty or staff may choose not to take the 25 percent as additional pay and can instead use it for other university-related activities.
Funds associated with indirect costs are not the personal funds of the Principal Investigator / Program Director until they have been paid to him / her as additional pay through the payroll process. Funds used for university-related activities must adhere to University purchasing policies, including but not limited to, equipment purchases.
For example, equipment purchases such as a computer for a Principal Investigator / Program Director using indirect costs funds can be made by contacting the Office of Research & Grants. Please note that the computer is still the University’s property and not the personal property of the faculty or staff because the purchase is being made with University funds. If the faculty or staff chooses to take the funds as additional pay and purchases a computer with his / her funds, the computer belongs to the individual because it was directly purchased with funds paid to him / her as additional pay.