- External Grants
- Grant Submission Procedures
- Searching for Grant Opportunities
- Grant Facilitators & Liaisons
- PI/PD Responsibilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Indirect Cost Breakdown
- Forms and Documents
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Research Day
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- March 7th, 2014 - 2014 Oklahoma Research Day
Student RSCA Grant Proposals Due March 11th
In an era of ever stricter and more limited budgetary times in higher education, external grants play an increasingly important role in bringing in new sources of funds to supplement UCO's educational mission, to attract, retain and develop faculty, improve faculty relations, purchase equipment and fund valuable research, creative and scholarly activities.
The Office of Research & Grants (OR&G) oversees all aspects of the pre-award grant process to federal, state, and local agencies, with the exception of agencies that require a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status to apply.
As part of promoting transformational learning, the OR&G assists faculty and staff through the process of identifying, developing, and submitting a grant proposal. Our services include:
- Assistance with proposal preparation processes and procedures
- Assistance with proposal development
- Guidance for budget preparation
- Guidance for ensuring compliance with agency guidelines
- Obtaining institutional approval
- Submission of electronic proposals to federal agencies through Grants.gov
External Grant Submissions by Fiscal Year
In Fiscal Year 2012-2013, UCO received $3,981,456 from external funding agencies and submitted 82 proposals.
Dollar Amount Awarded by Type of Agency and Fiscal Year
View the UCO Factbook External Grants Funded 2007 - 2012 to learn more about UCO's external submission trends.