- External Grants
- Grant Submission Procedures
- Searching for Grant Opportunities
- Grant Facilitators & Liaisons
- PI/PD Responsibilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Indirect Cost Breakdown
- Forms and Documents
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Research Day
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- May 9th & 10th Graduation Ceremonies.
- RA Spring Projects End May 9th.
Grant Submission Procedures
Writing external grants and routing the grant proposal can seem daunting, but the Office of Research & Grants is here to help the Principal Investigator/Program Director navigate through the system. Here is a short overview of the grant development and submission procedures at UCO.
When the Principal Investigator/Program Director (PI/PD) has an idea for a grant, the PI/PD should:
- Contact their designated grant facilitator or liaison for assistance in finding a grant opportunity; and
- Complete an Intent to Submit Form as soon as grant opportunity is identified.
- If funding agency identified to apply is a foundation, PI/PD should inform the UCO Foundation of intended submission.
The OR&G will provide a copy of the Intent to Submit Worksheet to the Office of Grants & Contracts and will communicate with the grant facilitator or liaison to ensure PI/PD receives support throughout the grant writing process.
The PI/PD is highly encouraged to work with their corresponding grant facilitator or liaison to ensure compliance with the agency guidelines as the proposal and budget are developed.
Once the proposal is close to being finalized, PI/PD should complete an External Grant Proposal Routing Form.
- The PI/PD will need to complete and sign the External Grant Proposal Routing Form and attach the abstract, proposed budget, and budget justification.
- The PI/PD will need to route the form for signatures to Department Chair/Supervisor, Dean of College/Director and V.P. of Division if the PI/PD is not within Academic Affairs.
- The PI/PD will need to provide a hard copy of the signed External Grant Proposal Routing Form with attachments to the OR&G, Nigh University Center, Room 341.
- OR&G will forward to Office of Grants & Contracts who will review and approve budget. Office of Grants & Contracts will contact PI/PD to request changes needed to budget.
- If the project will require IT support or use of the UCO server, OR&G will forward to V.P. for Information Technology. This can add 2 days to the approval process.
- If the project will require matching funds from the UCO Foundation, OR&G will forward to V.P. for Development (allow 2 extra days to approval process).
- OR&G will review the proposal for IRB & IACUC compliance, will approve, and will forward to Provost & V.P. of Academic Affairs.
- Provost & V.P. Academic Affairs will review, approve, and return the form to OR&G.
- OR&G will inform the PI/PD regarding any issues relating to the proposal. If no issues are identified, OR&G will inform PI/PD that proposal is ready to submit.
- OR&G will work with the PI/PD to submit grant proposal to funding agency. The OR&G serves as the Authorized Organization Representative (AOR) for the institution and makes all Grants.gov submissions.