- External Grants
- Grant Submission Procedures
- Searching for Grant Opportunities
- Grant Facilitators & Liaisons
- PI/PD Responsibilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Indirect Cost Breakdown
- Forms and Documents
- Faculty On-Campus Grant Programs
- Student Research
- Travel Presentation Grants
- Research Advisory Council
- Oklahoma Research Day
- Emeritus Faculty Research
- Contact Us
- Upcoming Events
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Jan 13th, 2014 - Start date for RAs
- March 7th, 2014 - 2014 Oklahoma Research Day
Spring 2014 Workshops for On-Campus Grants
- Click here for more information
Searching for External Grant Opportunities
Pivot (formerly COS)
The Office of Research & Grants is pleased to announce the availability of Pivot (formerly COS) for our faculty and staff. Pivot is a comprehensive database of funding opportunities that allows users to:
- Search for grant opportunities
- Track opportunities
- Save searches
- Receive funding alerts
- Share searches and opportunities with other Pivot users, within UCO and other universities
REGISTER to use Pivot and start your search now!
Tips on searching within Pivot:
- To search for all words starting with a specific set of letters, use an asterisk. Example: Geo* for all words starting with “geo,” such as geology, geography, etc.
- Searching for funding across all fields provides broad search results. Boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT can be used within the text search box. Example: pediatric AND cancer. Quotations can also be used for exact phrase searching. Example: “apple juice” for the phrase apple juice.
- To list the funding opportunity search results by “Deadline” or by “Amount,” click on the column name.
- Faceted search – use the categories on the left menu to see only the results in that category. For example, click “Federal, U.S.” for only opportunities in your results from federal sponsors.
- Unspecified deadlines are past programs that do not have current application deadlines.
Other Search Engines
Here are other search engines that can be used to find grant opportunities:
Grants.gov – Find federal funding opportunities from 26 agencies of the U.S. government.
Grant Resource Center - GRC offers access to timely and actionable information on funding opportunities, provides personalized support to meet specific campus needs, and promotes networking among sponsored programs professionals. The OR&G is a member of the Grant Resource Center, a nonprofit services of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities. Contact the Office of Research & Grants (email@example.com) to be added to the Grant Announcements List.
Oklahoma State Regent for Higher Education – Find a variety of grant opportunity announcements provided by OSRHE's Grant Writing and External Funding Assistance.
The Foundation Center – The database allows users to find funding from private sources such as corporate and family foundations.
Federal Register – A daily publication including funding notices from the federal government.
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance – Search the government-wide compendium of Federal programs, projects, services, and activities. You can use this search engine to identify opportunities that have been made available in previous years relating to your interests. The search engine provides contact information that can be used to inquire if the grant opportunity will be made available again.