Academic Leadership Fellows
Successful organizations plan not only their futures but also for the succession of leadership. Due to the nature of higher education there is a high turnover rate and therefore a need to identify and develop talented faculty as part of the next generation of academic leaders.
Selection Criteria and Process:
1. Be recommended by the Dean and Department Chair/School Director.
2. Be a tenured faculty member at UCO.
3. Fill out application form and submit to Department Chair/School Director by Wednesday, August 27th.
4. Dean will submit recommendation (s) to Provost by August 29.
5. Provost will select 4-6 Academic Leadership Fellows for Class VII. The deans will be notified of selections by September 3rd.
Fall Semester Activities:
1. Monthly seminars with assigned readings, informal discussions and interactions with leaders.
2. Job shadowing (faculty select 2 leaders to shadow for a half-day each).
3. Participation in campus events.
4. Internship/Project proposals and office with which the faculty want to work (two choices).
Spring Semester Activities:
1. Internship/Project Assignment (receive three hours of reassigned time for 8-10 hours of work per week on internship or project).
2. Internship/Project Proposal and Consultation (approved by internship/project mentor).
3. Monthly breakfasts to update Provost and other Fellows.
4. Final seminar presentations of projects or internship experiences for President, Provost, VPs, Deans and others.