UCO Health Center services are available to emeritus faculty. These include regular medical care such as visits with a physician's assistant or nurse, x-ray and lab services, electronic health records and digital transfer of prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice. The Center does not serve as a primary care facility. Medicare and supplemental health insurance are accepted. Walk-ins are permitted but appointments are preferred. For an appointment, call 974-3115. For more information, call Dr. Jo McGuffin, Director of University Health Services, at 974-2316.

Back to Top


The UCO Wellness Center is a multi-purpose facility serving the University of Central Oklahoma students, faculty, staff, retired faculty and their spouses. The facility includes an indoor walking track, exercise areas, free weights, lightweight fitness equipment and a variety of aerobic exercise machines including treadmills, stationary and recumbent bicycles, rowing machines, etc. Wellness Center memberships are free to emeritus faculty. Spousal memberships are available for $12 a month. Persons who use the Center must be at least 18 years old. Membership application forms may be secured from the Wellness Center business office on the second floor. A retired faculty I.D. or a letter from the Employment Services Department indicating that you are a UCO retiree is required for membership. The Wellness Center is open year round and is closed only during the times when the University is closed. Hours of operation are adjusted as needed including during the Christmas break and intercession times. See the website for a complete list of hours of operation at www.uco.edu/wellnesscenter. For more information, call 974-3150 or 974-3114.

Back to Top


Would you like to audit a university class? One of the privileges we have, as emeritus faculty, is to audit university classes at no cost except for expendable supplies that may be required for a class. Instructor approval is required and space must be available. Check the on-line UCO Schedule of Classes to see if any are of interest to you. For additional information on how to register, contact the Office of Academic Affairs at 974-3371.

Back to Top


Anyone can use the electronic generalized and specialized data bases and resources. To check out materials, you will need a UCO Emeritus Faculty ID card. There is an on-line catalog of available library materials. For computer use assistance, go to the Reference Desk on the 1st floor north. Available library materials include books, periodicals, DVD and VHS movies and music CDs. Special sections include Children's Books (read to your grandchildren) and the Ruby Canton Collection of new, popular, current, less academic books. There is a very limited supply of large print books and books on tape. Emeritus
Emeritus Faculty Association FAQs
faculty have the same library privileges as current faculty which includes a 90 day checkout with one 90 day renewal.

Back to Top


Some of our emeritus faculty benefits and privileges can only be obtained with a UCO Emeritus Faculty I.D. card. If you don't have one, this is what you do to get one. Pick up an eligibility form from the Office of Employment Services, Room 204, 2nd floor, Administration Building. Take this form to the UCO I.D. Office on the first floor of the University Center. Your photo will be taken and your card will be produced.

Back to Top


To obtain a free campus parking permit, take your Emeritus Faculty I.D. card and your car license tag number to the Parking Permit window on the 3rd floor of the University Center. This permit will allow you to park anywhere on campus except for pay lots, parking meters and places designated for special groups or persons.