The University of Central Oklahoma is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission/North Central Association of Colleges and Schools as a bachelor's and master's degree granting institution.
In addition, specialized accreditation is granted by:
- the American Board of Funeral Service Education,
- the American Chemical Society,
- the American Dietetic Association,
- the American Speech - Language Association,
- the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs,
- the Council for Interior Design Accreditation,
- the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education,
- the National Association for the Education of Young Children,
- the National Council on Family Relations,
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission,
- the National Association of Schools of Music,
- the Oklahoma Board of Nursing,
- the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation, and
- the Professional Golfing Association of America.
Credits earned in courses taken in residence at the University of Central Oklahoma are normally transferable at full value to other accredited colleges and universities.