- 2014 Transformative Learning Conference
- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning Home
- Archives of TT-S, CETTL’s Monthly ePub
- Contact CETTL Staff
- Collegium on College Teaching Practice
- CETTL Hardcopy Library
- Events / Learning Opportunities
- New Faculty Mentoring Program
- New Faculty Orientation and T&L Institute
- New Faculty Technology Orientation
- Resources (incl. CETTL Library)
- Transformative Learning Guide
- Educators' Leadership Academy
- Empowerment for Excellence
Contemplative pedagogical techniques seek to re-connect the learner with inner self resources and focus for the purpose of improving learning, attention, and health, among other benefits. In a Transformative Learning focus, contemplative pedagogies can be particularly appropriate because contemplative pedagogy’s documented benefits to learners are so often necessary precursors for insights and personal growth.
By following the links to any of the sites listed within this page, you will exit the OFFICIAL UCO WEBSITE and be directed to the respective resource which is not a part of the www.uco.edu domain.
- Contemplative Pedagogy Primer at Vanderbilt University’s Teaching Center
- Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education – subgroup of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society; includes access to research and teaching tools
- Contemplative Pedagogy Benefits – this article provides a nice introduction to several of Contemplative Pedagogy’s benefits
- Mindfulness in Education Network – Resources as well as educational networking about contemplative pedagogy.
- Journal of Transformative Education article on contemplative pedagogy – Here’s an excerpt: “[Contemplative pedagogy] approaches cultivate an inner technology of knowing and thereby a technology of learning and pedagogy without any imposition of religious doctrine whatsoever. If we knew a particular and readily available activity would increase concentration, learning, well-being and social emotional growth and catalyze transformative learning, we would be cheating our students to exclude it.”
- STOCK In-class Mindfulness Technique as described from the student’s perspective. Dr. Christy Vincent at UCO has used this technique successfully in her classes.
- Contemplative Pedagogy: Student Convincer Strategies
- Article examining research into the benefits of contemplative pedagogical practice.
- Brief Mindfulness Training Improves Cognition
- Memorial University Contemplative Education Faculty Learning Community
- Introducing Contemplative Pedagogy into Higher Education
- Wise Brain Bulletin (Wellspring Institute for Neuroscience and Contemplative Wisdom)