- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) Home
- 2015 Transformative Learning Conference & Conference Archives Home
- Transformative Learning Home
- Transformative Learning Guide
- Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR)
- Events / Learning Opportunities
- CETTL Hardcopy Library
- Collegium on College Teaching Practice
- New Faculty Mentoring Program
- New Faculty Orientation and T&L Institute
- New Faculty Technology Orientation
- New Faculty Resources
- Empowerment for Excellence
- Archives of TT-S, CETTL’s Monthly ePub
- Educators' Leadership Academy
- Contact CETTL Staff
Upcoming CETTL Events
Cultural Competence in the Classroom - From Theory to Practice
Remaining True to Your Educator-Self in the 21st Century
Click Here for More Details
New Faculty Technology Orientation
UCO’s Technology Resource Center, located in the Lillard Administration Building, Room 101A, is offering D2L faculty training sessions for new and continuing faculty:
Jump-start your career at UCO with new and innovative technologies. We will get you started using technology at UCO and show you great resources to engage your learners. Find and sign up for D2L specific training sessions throughout the 2013-2014 academic year through the Learning Center.
D2L Faculty Training Sessions Available
The Technology Resource Center (TRC) is offering technology training and assistance for faculty in preparation for the start of the semester. For questions or more information, contact the TRC at 974-5595 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
D2L Foundations – 2 hours
These high-level D2L overview sessions will provide faculty an overview of the learning management system and demonstrate basic D2L skills. Learn to post materials, receive assignments and/or allow students to see grades online. Visit the Learning Center to register. Sessions are available at:
- August 21, 1:00-3:00pm
- September 3, 9:00-11:00am
Check the Learning Center for future dates and times.
D2L Student Orientations – 30 minutes, starting every hour from 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Encourage students to attend a D2L orientation session during the first week of classes. These brief overview sessions will help them be ready for using D2L in courses. Note: Seating is first-come, first-served. To bring a class or group of students to the session, email email@example.com to ensure space will be available. Sessions are in Will Rogers room 421, Nigh University Center and are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, August 21
- Thursday, August 22
D2L Open Hours
TRC has reserved time in the lab for faculty to drop in and work on their D2L courses. Assistance will be available from TRC staff during these times. During the D2L Open Hours appointments are not necessary but they are encouraged to avoid waiting.
- Monday August 12, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Thursday August 15, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Friday August 16, 8:00am-1:00pm