- Educators' Leadership Academy
- Archives of TT-S, CETTL’s monthly ePub
- Collegium on College Teaching Practice
- New Faculty Orientation
- New Faculty Technology Orientation
- Resources (incl. CETTL Library)
- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning Home
- New Faculty Mentoring Program
- CETTL Contact and Staff
- Transformative Learning Guide
- CETTL Hardcopy Library
CETTL’s New Faculty Mentoring Program
In Fall 2012, CETTL began our mentoring program for new faculty. The goals of the CETTL mentoring program are to
- foster one-on-one, cross-campus interactions to introduce new faculty to the culture of the University of Central Oklahoma;
- encourage new faculty to discuss transformative learning and teaching experiences with a mentor; and
- support new faculty in their faculty development at any level.
The CETTL mentoring program is not intended to supplant any departmental or college mentoring programs, but rather to enhance the new faculty member's introduction to the culture of the University of Central Oklahoma and its Transformative Learning focus.
Because the program matches mentees with out-of-college mentors, this initiative also helps build cross-campus collegiality, immediately widening new faculty’s connections with other UCO teacher-scholars. Several events are planned for the mentors and mentees in 2012-13. All new faculty participated in the New Faculty Orientation held in August and at which they were introduced to the New Faculty Mentoring Program. Two informal lunch gatherings are scheduled (Tuesday, September 25 and Tuesday, November 27) for mentors and their new faculty mentees to share a meal. In addition, a dinner is scheduled on Monday, October 15.
Mentors were selected from the full-time faculty based upon recommendations from deans and chairs. If you would like to serve as a CETTL mentor in the future, please contact Cheryl B. Frech, email@example.com, who serves as Mentoring Coordinator.