- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) Home
- 2015 Transformative Learning Conference & Conference Archives Home
- Transformative Learning Home
- Transformative Learning Guide
- Student Transformative Learning Record (STLR)
- Events / Learning Opportunities
- CETTL Hardcopy Library
- Collegium on College Teaching Practice
- New Faculty Mentoring Program
- New Faculty Orientation and T&L Institute
- New Faculty Technology Orientation
- New Faculty Resources
- Empowerment for Excellence
- Archives of TT-S, CETTL’s Monthly ePub
- Educators' Leadership Academy
- Contact CETTL Staff
in the News
(Student Transformative Learning Record)
Read NewsOK Full Article & Watch Video
UCO receives $7.7 million STLR federal grant
Read Full STLR Press Release
Upcoming CETTL Events
Cultural Competence in the Classroom - From Theory to Practice
Remaining True to Your Educator-Self in the 21st Century
Click Here for More Details
UCO Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL)
The CETTL, in collaboration with other campus units and individuals, offers programs, services, and resources to encourage, enhance, and support the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL). It also provides support and confidential consultations for individual faculty members, and consistently promotes deep, transformative learning experiences for all students at the University of Central Oklahoma.
The CETTL provides a variety of Lunch & Learn workshops, webinars, forums and discussion groups. To learn about current offerings please click here to take you to our Events / Training Opportunities page. If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Puryear at (405) 974-5570 or by email to email@example.com. We look forward to your participation in all CETTL events.
Goals of the Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning
- To provide collaborative and mentorship opportunities for faculty to discuss student learning
- To support faculty in their efforts to enhance learning in and out of the classroom
- To bring research about facilitating learning to the attention of the university community
- To advocate and recognize teaching excellence
- To act as a resource for faculty as they plan, implement, enhance, and assess student learning
- To promote the teacher-scholar model of faculty excellence within UCO’s ethos of providing transformative learning opportunities for our students
The Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning was developed by faculty and administrators to support teaching and learning at the University of Central Oklahoma. Formally established in 1998, the Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) Executive Director reports to the Provost. The Executive Director chairs the Center's Board of Advisors composed of individuals from all colleges, the library, and administration.
The Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning partners with the Technology Resource Center to enhance the teaching and learning experience through the integration of information technology and instruction.
CETTL supports faculty as they help our students learn.
Outcomes: We provide professional and leadership development for teacher-scholars as they create environments and experiences that prompt and nurture transformative learning for students as well as for themselves. By helping faculty engage in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, CETTL acts as a resource to assist faculty as they facilitate their students' achievement of learning outcomes, assess that achievement, and use the resulting information to continuously improve teaching and learning at UCO.
CETTL will become a nationally recognized leader and resource for faculty professional development which enables teacher-scholars to create transformative learning environments and experiences for their students.
CETTL Confidentiality Statement:
Faculty voluntarily engage our services in order to enhance and enrich their work as teacher-scholars within UCO’s Transformative Learning environment. Mindful of that trust, CETTL maintains the confidentiality of the individual faculty or groups of faculty with whom we work.