- Educators' Leadership Academy
- Archives of TT-S, CETTL’s monthly ePub
- Collegium on College Teaching Practice
- New Faculty Orientation
- New Faculty Technology Orientation
- Resources (incl. CETTL Library)
- Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning Home
- New Faculty Mentoring Program
- CETTL Contact and Staff
- Transformative Learning Guide
- CETTL Hardcopy Library
UCO Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL)
The CETTL, in collaboration with other campus units and individuals, offers programs, services, and resources to encourage, enhance, and support the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL). It also provides support and confidential consultations for individual faculty members, and consistently promotes deep, transformative learning experiences for all students at the University of Central Oklahoma.
The CETTL provides a variety of Lunch and Learn workshops, webinars, forums and discussion groups. To learn about current offerings you may contact Linda Smith at (405) 974-2543 or by email to: email@example.com If you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to your participation in all CETTL events.
Goals of the Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning
- To provide collaborative and mentorship opportunities for faculty to discuss student learning
- To support faculty in their efforts to enhance learning in and out of the classroom
- To bring research about facilitating learning to the attention of the university community
- To advocate and recognize teaching excellence
- To act as a resource for faculty as they plan, implement, enhance, and assess student learning
- To promote the teacher-scholar model of faculty excellence within UCO’s ethos of providing transformative learning opportunities for our students
The Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning was developed by faculty and administrators to support teaching and learning at the University of Central Oklahoma. Formally established in 1998, the Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning (CETTL) Executive Director reports to the Provost. The Executive Director chairs the Center's Board of Advisors composed of individuals from all colleges, the library, and administration.
The Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching & Learning partners with the Technology Resource Center to enhance the teaching and learning experience through the integration of information technology and instruction.
CETTL supports faculty as they help our students learn.
Outcomes: We provide professional and leadership development for teacher-scholars as they create environments and experiences that prompt and nurture transformative learning for students as well as for themselves. By helping faculty engage in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, CETTL acts as a resource to assist faculty as they facilitate their students' achievement of learning outcomes, assess that achievement, and use the resulting information to continuously improve teaching and learning at UCO.
CETTL will become a nationally recognized leader and resource for faculty professional development which enables teacher-scholars to create transformative learning environments and experiences for their students.
CETTL Confidentiality Statement:
Faculty voluntarily engage our services in order to enhance and enrich their work as teacher-scholars within UCO’s Transformative Learning environment. Mindful of that trust, CETTL maintains the confidentiality of the individual faculty or groups of faculty with whom we work.