Remaining True to Your Educator-Self in the 21st Century: Embracing Deep, Intentional, Integrative Learning Workshop
Acquire specific tools and processes required to better engage your students, achieve higher-level student learning outcomes, and create more transformative moments.
Tuition: $229 (includes parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and study materials)
May 15, 2014 ● 9 am - 4:00 pm ● University of Central Oklahoma ● Edmond, OK 73034
This rewarding workshop is held in the new 33,000 square-foot UCO Center for Transformative Learning building where students engage with faculty and other students in interactive, experimental spaces that encourage creativity and engaged learning.
This workshop is designed for faculty who want to create, refine, and/or take their teaching strategies and processes to the next level to achieve deeper, integrative learning in the classroom.
Through participation in this workshop, you will be inspired to:
- Develop curricular and co-curricular experiences for deeper learning
- Intentionally plan and recognize learning beyond the disciplinary content
- Create environments for active, experiential learning
- Personalizing the reflective process for self and students
- Moving from Surface to Deep Learning Transparently
- Creating Curricular & Co-Curricular Experiences Beyond Disciplinary Content
- Achieving Learning, e.g., Team-Based Learning or Determining Tacit Knowledge
- The Praxis of Integrative Learning, e.g., service learning, sustainability, Native ways of knowing
- Expanding Students Understanding of Self and others thru Transformative Learning
- Developing Metacognition through Structured Reflection
- Direct Assessment or Visible Evidence of Learning
- Authenticating Skills Employers Want
Jeff King, Ed.D Jody Horn, Ph.D
Dr. Jeff King, the Executive Director of the UCO Center for Excellence in Transformative Teaching and Learning (CETTL), and Dr. Jody Horn, Assistant Director of CETTL are the facilitators for this workshop. They both have extensive practice in the development and assessment of transformative and integrative pedagogies, offering this unique one-day workshop on evidence-based teaching strategies that produce deeper, integrative and transformative learning.
Who should attend
Faculty who want to
- Move from the pedagogy of transmission to the pedagogy of creativity
- Design intentional experiences to achieve transformative student learning outcomes
- Create mindful opportunities for epiphanic student-moments
Faculty developers who want to
- Help faculty become intentional with integrative learning
- Expand their tools & resources for helping faculty move students to deep learning
- Authentically assess deep and integrative learning
- Become fluent in language and pedagogy of deep and integrative learning
Deadline to register: April 9, 2014