- 2011-2012 Civic Events
- About ADP
- Contact ADP
- ADP Event Videos
- ADP Student Organization
- New York Times
- 2012 Naturalization Ceremony Pictures
- ADP Committees
- Civic Health Index 2012
- Search for Your Elected Officials
American Democracy Project
Civic Engagement Center
Thatcher Hall, Room 121C
Follow us on Facebook
Presented by the American Democracy Project
Civic Engagement is a central component of Transformative Learning at the University of Central Oklahoma. In addition, we are fortunate to belong to The New York Times readership program, with daily distribution of free copies of The New York Times to the campus community.
- February 5th - Contest form due online
March 26th - Video due to Library Room 315A before 5:00 p.m. (located on 3rd floor on the west side of the building)
As you prepare your video, please consider the following questions: What are the critical issues in your community? As an informed and engaged citizen in your community, how are you working to tackle one of the critical issues in your community? What can we do if we work together? How can the campus community get involved?
Who can participate?
- Current graduate and undergraduate UCO students can participate in this contest.
- 1-5 people can participate as a team.
- Team will register by February 5.
- What are the critical issues in your community?
As an informed and engaged citizen in your community, how are you working to tackle one of the critical issues in your community?
- What can we do if we work together?
- How can the campus community get involved?
- Length of video is 30 seconds to 2 minutes long.
- Students can use their own video camera, camera or cell phone to create the video.
A limited number of video cameras are available for check out in the library.
- 1st place - $500
- 2nd place - $300
- 3rd place - $200